Sunday, November 13, 2005

They won't nuke Metropolis, but Themyscira is fair game...

I just cracked a cold one to mourn the passing of Wonder Woman. Her book is getting cancelled in February and I'm sure she's going to get a craptastic reboot after Infinite Crisis. Nobody will reboot Action Comics or Detective Comics because of the "legacy" but they'll walk all over Diana and make Steve Trevor never exist and write her out of history...up yours, Dan DiDio. Suck my left one.

I am working on the disability research, really...I'm just terrible at keeping a blog. Really. My livejournal is no better, it just has more quizzes. So once I have something to post here that isn't hand scribbled notes or critical theory goblety gook it will go up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bat-Mac said...

Let me reassure you that you're not the only ones struggling to keep a blog going - I'm as bad. Having met Scipio and Devon recently it amazes how they do it.

The only thing that the legacy means for Detective and Action are the issue numbers. There have been changes of format at times, for example the recent (re-)introduction of back-ups into Detective, or Action Comics Weekly.

If this reboot means Diana can take her rightful place amongst the big three and heralds a new dawn for Wonder Woman, that's great.

But you don't think that's going to hapen, do you? I'm reserving judgement, but that's largely because I'm in a good mood right now.

7:49 PM, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but how many "bold new eras for the Amazing Amazon!!" have we seen in the past several Post-Crisis years. Feh on DC for this.

2:45 PM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home