Saturday, December 17, 2005

A preview for what I will be scanning over Christmas...

Greetings, all. It is I, the quieter, shorter, insomniac half of this blogging team. What follows is a little preview for the comic I am taking home to scan this Christmas. I do not own a scanner, but I have a digital camera...

I present for your consideration: The Green Lantern Special #1, 1988, by James Owsley, Tod Smith, and Denis Rodier. The title is, "WITH THIS RING...!" And it addresses the timely problem of apartheid in a country called South Nambia. I think it's supposed to be near Qu'rac.



Fairly early in this issue, John Stewart gets stripped naked and whipped by South Nambian cops. AAHHH! THEY TOOK AWAY HIS PENIS!!!



I know you all just can't wait until I get this properly scanned. Remember, kids, racism is bad, but extraterrestrialism is worse. Hug an alien today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ragnell said...

You a divine and generous person, Franny.

2:42 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Dude! I was totally going to scan that issue over break, too.

Clearly, we are a blogging team for a reason. :'3

4:21 PM, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home