Friday, June 24, 2005

Paying my dues to the Gay Blogger's Union

So fellow Gay Blogger's Union member Scipio recently posted an homage to the Golden Age Black Condor, one of the most flaming heroes ever to be graced by four colors.

And you silly kids thought Spider-Man made you gay. Tsk, tsk.

In the comments, an anonymous poster brought up Hit Comics and the gaygaygay Stormy Foster.

But looking at Stormy dry-hump a Nazi on the cover of Hit Comics 24, I couldn't help but notice that I've seen that pose before...

...I saw it earlier this week in the previews for September DC comics, on the cover to Villains United #5.




There it is, kids. Catman humping Deadshot in full glorious color. Post-Crisis, post-Code, post-OhGodIThoughtYouPeopleKnewBetterByNow.

And that's following up the incredibly homoerotic "Eh, I don't want to kill you, let me cook you some eggs" scene in Villains United #2.



And people thought the Hulking/Asgardian hand-holding thing on the cover of Young Avengers was revolutionary.

I'm too much of a slash fan to say I mind the idea of Catman/Deadshot subtext, but God damn, man. Even I have limits.

I'd also like to say that "Homoerotica Friday" will be a regular feature here at So So Silver Age. The title comes from Nate Ebig, a guy from my drama club back in high school. His days of the week went as follows: Shitty Monday, Crazy Tuesday, Hump-day Wednesday, Naked Thursday, Homoerotica Friday and Lesbian Saturday. (The answer to the inevitable question of "Well, what about Sunday?" is, of course, "Sunday? Why, that's the Lord's Day!"

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's hoping for some hot Thanagarian homoerotica in the weeks to come!

1:54 AM, June 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, there really is a Gay Blogger's Union?

Or am I, possibly, being gullible?

I'm actually kind of curious how many fanboys are queer. I mean, there really ain't ENOUGH of us fangirls for all the fanservice going on, y'know?

5:49 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Sadly, no. I stole the phrase from the good Mr. Scipio.

...Although I would be a charter member if such a group ever wanted to be official.

The LBGTA population among comic fans is an interesting thought... given the slow emergence of gay comic book characters, it seems to be something the publishers are coming to terms with. (Sadly Marvel more readily so than DC, at least in canon.)

2:29 PM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger Kitty said...

Here from Scipio's blog - three cheers for homoerotica Fridays! Hooray for the hoyay!

2:02 PM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Devon Sanders said...

Scip's gay?

6:14 PM, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home