Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Homoerotica Wednesday

OK, so I said I'd be back Monday and it's now Wednesday.

You can blame my new 14-day free trial of City of Heroes for that.

But I promised to bring the gay and God dammit, I keep my promises.

(Sorry, Ron -- no Thanagarian goodness... at least, not yet. I'm still looking. My Hawkman scans archive is a bit shallow.)

Let's call this week's installment: "I Can't Believe They Wrote That."

You know, those unintentional slips of script that make you wonder how in the holy hell they got it past the Comic Book Code.

Take this example from the old-school Teen Titans:





Let me just say that "rearguard archery service" is my new favorite euphemism of all time, ever.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that "rearguard archery service" isn't necessarily incompatible with Hemingway Wednesday, though...

And it's a hell of a lot more fun than second base, I bet.

2:42 PM, July 06, 2005  
Blogger Scipio said...

Gods help me...

I'm beginning to see the appeal of Roy...!

I can't even say "Speedy lets fly a series of startling shafts" out loud without needing a cool drink!

3:03 PM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home