Friday, July 08, 2005

Slash goggles? More like slash cataracts.

Seems The Absorbascon is tuning into the Slash Channel, with the latest poll concerning the gayest couples in comics.

It's a sizeable list, but I can't help but see all the ones he's missing:

Beast Boy and Cyborg.
Oracle and Black Canary.
Tim Drake and Kon-El.
Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy.
Nightwing/Robin and Batman.
Roy Harper and Dick Grayson.

For Christ's sake, where is Batman and Superman? I'm not a big fan of that particular fandom, but the covers for World's Finest are among the most eye-burningly gay that I've ever seen.

Hell, I'd even throw Hal Jordan and Barry Allen on that list, too.

Clearly, the need for Homoerotica Friday as an education tool is dire, indeed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harley and Poison might count more as a hetboy's fantasy of queerdom than an actual gay couple, though.

On the other hand, if there isn't plenty of homoerotic Fridays to be found in the pages of BLACKHAWK--seven men fighting fascism in matching leather outfits, yum!--then I'll eat my aviator's cap.

(And, yeah, I know "Chop Chop" didn't get his uniform until late in the game...)

9:23 PM, July 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, but if you're going to go THAT route, I think you have to explore why Cyclops always seems so uptight whenever he has to be in the same room with Wolverine...

(I spoke before seeing that Dinah/Babs artwork you uploaded. Now that I've seen it... Oh my.)

12:53 AM, July 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home