Saturday, August 06, 2005

2006 is gonna be a good year.

Being a total fanboy means getting insanely excited about things that don't even exist yet.

Like a Justice League RPG for the PS2 and XBox.

Not an action fighter. A role-playing game, people. As in, leveling up. As in, adding people to your party.

Featured super heroes will include Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna, instead of traditional seventh meber, Aquaman. Each super hero will possess unique super powers that are character-specific, creating a variety of fighting styles for players to utilize while battling the forces of evil. Gamers will have the power to bring classic super heroes of the "Justice League of America" to life, customize their skills and engage in one-to-two player cooperative combat throughout interactive and destructible environments.

Translation: It's going to be Marvel Legends in the DCU.

Oh, happy day.

On the toy front, I've got a 13-inch cloth-costume Hal Jordan action figure to look forward to. From the look of him, he's got about the same level of articulation as the unnervingly-adorable 9-inch figure from Hasbro sold at Target a few years back.

And, God help me, the mask comes off.

I know some people around here do not share my love of Hal Jordan, but they are wrong.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The figure doesn't seem that special on the first viewing--but unmasked!

Dear Goddess! Glorious!

badficwriter

3:29 AM, August 08, 2005  
Blogger Devon Sanders said...

Once again, Aquaman gets no love!

10:06 AM, August 08, 2005  
Blogger Scipio said...

Hey, I love Hal!

But it's like loving my dog; I don't let it blind me to what he's really like...

11:56 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh, I totally acknowledge that the guy is arrogant, sometimes sexist, a total man-whore and more than often a complete ass.

But I do not love him despite his faults, I love him because of them. There is a subtle difference.

11:06 AM, August 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think they'll have more characters in as well as those seven, like with X-Men having Betsy and stuff like that?
By this I mean, will they have the Ductile Detective? That way, you wouldn't need Batman on your team, or Plastic Man.

8:55 AM, August 12, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

I have no idea. There hasn't been much news about this thing as of yet. I'll post developments as I hear them.

Unlockable characters and costumes would be fun times, though.

And I dunno -- as much as I love Ralph, I tend to draft Plastic Man into my JLA first. He can turn into stuff. Usually has more applications than a sleuthy version of Reed Richards.

10:16 AM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home